Hey, guess what? I’m learning iOS development and have been for months! Thought I might increase my rate of publishing to my blog if I did what I did for my VR course and posted study related stuff here. So to that end…
Here’s a simple step by step guide for adding CocoaPods to your iOS projects. There are quite a few steps involved and I suspect this is something that is done relatively infrequently in a single project. It’s always nice to have a reference for this sort of thing.
- Inside Terminal, change directory to the folder containing the Xcode project
- Initialise a new Podfile. You do this by using the “pod init” command. If you need more details read about it in the CocoaPod’s guide for pod init
- Open the Podfile in Xcode. Just drag it to the Xcode icon in the dock
- Add the library to the pod file. Here’s an example Podfile with SwiftyJSON and Alamofire libraries added
- Install the pods using the “pod install” command in Terminal. Here are more details on pod install should you need them
- Now open your Xcode project via the new .xcworkspace file
Easy as pie.